Welcome to the #1 Hyundai Veloster Forum and Hyundai Veloster community dedicated to Hyundai Veloster owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Hyundai Veloster Forum today!

Hyundai Motor to Offer a Special 'N Homecoming' Customer Program at 2019 Nürburgring 24 Hours Race

VelosterN

Administrator
Reactions
Large-36371-HyundaiMotortoOfferaSpecialNHomecomingCustomerProgramat2019Nrburgring24HoursRace.jpg
  • Invited global Hyundai N brand fans will have the opportunity to enjoy ‘N Homecoming’, a special Hyundai customer program; including on-site race viewing, driving academy, back stage tours, as well as driving one lap of the circuit, N Corso
  • Hyundai Motorsport will challenge for victory at the Nürburgring 24 Hours Race in the TCR class with one Hyundai i30 N TCR and one Hyundai VELOSTER N TCR·
  • The i30 Fastback N will also compete at the event in the VT2 class to demonstrate its race track capability
Hyundai Motor is inviting 300 enthusiasts from countries that sell N vehicles for an exclusive hospitality experience at the 2019 Nürburgring 24 Hours Race. Participants can expect to enjoy a driving academy, helicopter tour and a display of Hyundai N models.

Hyundai has been participating in the Nürburgring 24 Hours Race since 2016, and is celebrating its return to where the brand was born with a series of special events under the banner ‘N Homecoming’. The ‘N’ in N brand stands for Namyang, home to the automaker’s global R&D Center in Korea, where the idea was born, and for the Nürburgring, home to the 3,600-square-meter Hyundai Motor European Test Center, where Hyundai N models are developed and tested.

Visitors to the Nürburgring 24 Hours Race can learn more about Hyundai N with the fan truck, which will provide a range of information and facts about the brand. Meanwhile, a promotional booth in Ring Boulevard will showcase models of the Hyundai i20 WRC rally car, the i30 N TCR and the i30 Fastback N in front of a wall that explains Hyundai N’s motorsport history. Customers will be able to purchase a range of N-branded products, ranging from caps to jackets and t-shirts.

In addition, Hyundai is offering 300 N customers a once-in-a-lifetime N hospitality experience. N enthusiasts will gain valuable driving skills from instructors in an exclusive driving academy. 55 guests will then be selected for N Corso, where they will drive one lap of the circuit before the main Nürburgring 24 Hours Race event begins. Meanwhile, special guests will also have the opportunity to embark on a guided pit box tour of the team areas, as well as a helicopter tour, which will offer a stunning bird’s-eye-view of the Nürburgring track during the race.

“We’re delighted to offer our customers the chance to experience ‘N Homecoming’, a unique once-in-a-lifetime hospitality at this year’s Nürburgring 24 Hours race,” says Mr. Thomas Schemera, Executive Vice President and Head of Product Division, Product Operation & N Sub-Division at Hyundai Motor Group. “This event is one of the highlights of the Hyundai motorsport calendar, and made all the more special by the fact that the N brand was born and honed here. This event will serve as a celebration of the Hyundai N brand.”

Hyundai Motorsport to challenge for victory at the 2019 Nürburgring 24 Hours Race
Hyundai Motorsport will be challenging for victory at the 2019 Nürburgring 24 Hours Race with two TCR- cars built by the HMSG’s Customer Racing department in Alzenau, Germany – the Hyundai i30 N TCR and the VELOSTER N TCR. Meanwhile, Hyundai will also enter the i30 Fastback N in the VT2 class to demonstrate its race track capability. The Nürburgring 24 Hours Race is a legendary 24-hour touring car and GT endurance racing event that takes place at the world-famous Nürburgring circuit. During the event, cars race the 25km-long course as many times as possible in 24 hours. Competing vehicles race around the track at top speed without pausing to rest, and they are ranked after the total driving distance has been measured. More than 150 cars and over 600 drivers participate in the event in different classes, which are categorized based on engine displacement and other standards. The Hyundai Motorsport recently completed its preparations for the event with a strong Qualifying Race weekend. Both the Hyundai i30 N TCR and Hyundai VELOSTER N TCR finished in the top two positions in the TCR class. The crews of each car will consist of four drivers for the main race, which takes place from 20-23 June. Hyundai will also enter the i30 Fastback N in the VT2 class to illustrate its durability and race track performance.

Hyundai’s Nürburgring 24 Hours Race heritage
Hyundai has participated in the Nürburgring 24 Hours Race for the past three years. In 2016, the team completed 91 laps of the grueling race track with the Hyundai i30 2.0 Turbo development car, a total distance of 2,309.39 kilometers. The team also completed the fastest lap time of 9:55.626 minutes, breaking the 10-minute barrier. In 2017, two close-to-production Hyundai i30 N models completed 244 laps of the Nürburgring, totaling more than 6,000 km on the race track and demonstrating the durability of the series model ahead of its 2017 launch. Last year, two pairs of Hyundai i30 N TCR cars finished an impressive second and fourth in the TCR class, despite enduring treacherously wet conditions.

Reactions
What I Drive
2020 Veloster N
Great news. I’m loving that Hyundai is investing into the N line and starting a culture for the N. Hoping to see if any of the participants will document/blog/vlog the event, I’m curious to see what it’s like!